Teaching Philosophy:

I believe that as future educators, it is important to always maintain a positive mindset. Although we will one day be educators teaching our future students, it is important to remember that we are constantly learning too. Developing a teaching philosophy will be dependent on our own individual experiences and interactions with students and coworkers and is an idea that will constantly be growing. Thus far in the program, I have enjoyed inquiry-based learning and learning through the use of manipulatives. I believe that physical experiences and hands-on play creates a physical relationship with learning that students can constantly refer back to remember for future use.

As a future educator, I will strive to make a difference and help children to succeed and achieve their full potential. I believe that it is important to enable a sense of belonging in a classroom where every child feels supported and valued. I want to be able to facilitate growth in all aspects of children’s lives, drive their desire to learn and inspire them to be role models and active citizens.