About Me – Ms. Jessi

My name is Jessica McDougall and I am 26 years old living in beautiful Victoria, B.C. I moved to Victoria in 2019 from the small town of Ladner on the mainland where I grew up. I moved to Victoria to pursue my life-long dream of becoming a teacher, and am currently enrolled in the University of Victoria’s Bachelor of Elementary Education Program. I have always aspired to become a teacher because I love working with kids and making a difference in their lives. I believe that being a teacher is a rewarding career and I strive to facilitate growth in all aspects of children’s lives, drive their desire to learn and inspire them to be role models and active citizens. I am most passionate about growing professionally so that I can create a positive classroom culture that motivates all children.

Outside of school, I enjoy going on hikes, adventures, watching sports and travelling. I love the feeling of fresh air outside and resetting my mind. Also, I enjoy spending time with my family and friends. In the winter, I like to go up to the mountain and snowboard, which also serves my crave for nature. In the summer, I enjoy spending time on my family’s boat either wake surfing or tubing.

I am thrilled to be a part of Ms. Mulvihill’s classroom for the next six weeks completing my first practicum of my program. I look forward to what this experience has to offer and am eager to continue my education to fulfill my dream of becoming a teacher.