Hobbies/Passions/Interests:

I have had several experiences throughout my life that have reinforced my passion of becoming a teacher. In high school, I was involved in many various sports teams. I played hockey, soccer, baseball, volleyball and field hockey. My favourite sport of all was hockey, which I played for ten years. During these ten years, I was offered a position to coach a younger hockey team. Of course, I accepted this offer and to this day I am glad that I did. The hockey coaching job sparked my interest in teaching kids which developed my dream of becoming a teacher. After high school, I sought every opportunity that I could to work with children. I worked at a Before and After school care, a Boys and Girls Club, Children Event Planning, coached hockey teams and high school volleyball teams and volunteered in various Elementary School Classrooms. I believe that being a teacher is a rewarding job, and I enjoy teaching children in a fun and inspiring way.

In addition to working with kids, I also enjoy hiking, camping, travelling and the outdoors. I still enjoy playing various sports when I can, but I mostly enjoy being active. My favourite outdoor activities are snowboarding, wake surfing, kayaking and hiking. I am always ready for a new adventure and love exploring nature!