Academics:

As aforementioned, I am currently in year two of the Bachelor of Elementary Education Program at UVIC. In order to be accepted into this program, I had to take the provided pre-requisite courses at Camosun College for the first year. At Camosun, we were required to take two Canadian Studies classes, two English classes, two Mathematics classes as well as two Science classes. I worked hard each and every day to thrive in the year one classes in hopes of being offered a spot in this program. To my surprise, I finished my first year at Camosun College with an 8.9/9 GPA and made it onto the Deans Honour Roll List for both the Fall and Spring semester. I was beyond proud of myself for finishing my first year strong and receiving an offer into this Elementary Education Program as I had always dreamed. I proved to myself that great things can happen when you work hard and put your mind to something. Throughout my next two years in this program, I will continue to push myself to strive in all my future classes to ensure that I can be the best teacher that I can for my future students. I am thrilled that classes will again be in person this September, and I am immensely excited about meetings my peers and learning in person.